- Mix 1 cup of warm/hot water and 1 teaspoon of dish soap like Dawn or Palmolive.
- Bring a metal teaspoon and absorbent towel or paper towel.
- Use the spoon to apply the solution onto the accident.
- Use the spoon to gently extract the liquid from the carpet going only in the carpet’s smooth direction.
- Add more solution and extract as needed.
- Don’t scrub, but press your towel onto the damp area to extract as much moisture as possible.
- For best results, place the rug directly in the sun to dry. Otherwise, fold the rug over to allow it to dry faster.
Rugs or carpets that have been host to dog urine, grease, coffee or other smelly stains are off-putting, at best. You might be thinking about the cost of replacing your carpet, but before you do, consider trying to reverse the damage with these tips. With the holidays approaching, accidents are bound to happen. In our homes, when food or drink accidents happen, we use the following technique to immediately remove stains on all kinds of area rugs and carpets. According to our professional background-checked maids, they say anything can come of from your carpets with these tricks!!