- Mix 1 cup of warm/hot water and 1 teaspoon of dish soap like Dawn or Palmolive.
- Bring a metal teaspoon and absorbent towel or paper towel.
- Use the spoon to apply the solution onto the accident.
- Use the spoon to gently extract the liquid from the carpet going only in the carpet’s smooth direction.
- Add more solution and extract as needed.
- Don’t scrub, but press your towel onto the damp area to extract as much moisture as possible.
- For best results, place the rug directly in the sun to dry. Otherwise, fold the rug over to allow it to dry faster.
When you install carpet, you may find yourself stockpiling carpet stain removers, calculating how many hours you’ll devote to carpet cleaning, or trying to figure out how to get stains out. Even a home without kids or pets is prone to at least one spill or smudge. No matter the spill, the process of how to remove carpet stains remains pretty much the same.